Yesterday, on my first post I said that I would give you some more of the daily declarations that I use. It is important to say them out loud. Remember this is not about the power of positive thinking. These are not meaningless phrases that are just plucked out of the atmosphere to make us feel good. Like saying, “In the morning my boss will like me” over and over again in the vain hope that you may get the raise you need!!!! In the Bible, which is also known as the Word of God, there are many verses that tell us how powerful the spoken word actually is, for example
- Proverbs chapter 12 verse 14 says “From the fruit of their lips people are filled with good things”
- Proverbs ch 12 v 18 “The tongue of the wise brings healing”
- Joshua ch 1 v 8 “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful“
- Romans ch 10 v 9 “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
So let’s start declaring:
God is my hiding place. (Psalm 32 v 7)
- God will protect me from trouble (Psalm 32 v 7)
- God will surround me with songs of deliverance (Psalm 32 v 7) 3 declarations 1 verse
- God will teach me in the way I should go (Psalm 32 v 8)
- I have been saved by grace (Ephesians ch 2 v 5)
- I am alive with Christ (Ephesians ch 2 v 5)
- God raised me up with Christ and seated me with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus (Ephesians ch 2 v 6)
- I sit with God in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus (Ephesians ch 2 v 6)
- I am God’s handiwork (Ephesians ch 2 v 10)
I am created in Christ Jesus (Ephesians ch 2 v 10)
Don’t fall into the habit of just saying each declaration once. Perhaps the first time just say it out loud. Perhaps when you repeat it you can put emphasis on different words thinking what each word means to you in your specific circumstance. Let me give you an example by looking at the second declaration. First time just say it through, then emphasize a specific word and think what that word means to you.
- God will protect me from trouble
- GOD will protect me from trouble (Creator, All Powerful, Father)
- God WILL protect me from trouble (this is a promise from God. He will not let you down!!!)
- God will PROTECT me from trouble (cover, put a wall around. shield, preserve, defend, cushion)
- God will protect ME from trouble (can’t get more personal than that!!!! You! Not them but ME!! )
I hope you get the idea. Try declaring in front of a mirror. It can be confronting at first but it is really powerful. You actually get to see who you are declaring over.
Who knows what will happen on the next post. I have learnt how to increase font size, do bullets, use colours!! What will I use next time!